Monday, March 7, 2011

Dyrham Park


The boys and I visited Dyram Park today with some friends. Absolutely spectacular. Hills and trees and valleys galore. I think the boys were completely spent. The weather was beautiful, and with friends to keep up with, it was non-stop traipsing around a most amazing landscape. Dyram is a National Trust property. The National Trust is a charitable organization that looks after, protects and opens to the public over 350 historic homes, gardens and ancient monuments.

The kids all hiding in the grass.
I had no idea what we were going to when Claire asked us to come along. I was totally surprised to find this just over the hill.

Playing tag on a hay bale maze.

The wee man and a ginormous tree.
I am loving trees in England in case you haven't noticed. I just can't get enough of them. God's creative design is immensely captivating in the intricate detail of a tree.




The estate has it's own church on the grounds.

Even though the sun was shining and the sky blue, it was still a bit hazy looking out over the valleys. They were so beautiful. I wish you could have seem them!
Nathanael did really great on his own. I really only had to carry him a couple of times on some really steep parts. He's a independent little trooper, but this trip definitely did him in!


1 comment:

CRB said...

Looks like you guys are having lots of fun! It's so beautiful!