Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Zoo Farm Again

Since Mark wasn't able to come with us the last time we went, the boys convinced him that Noah's Ark Zoo Farm is a must see. We went back as a family last Saturday and really enjoyed the day. It was one of the warmest we've had, mid 70's, almost hot for here!

I've decided though that unless the camera is around my neck, I miss some of the best shots and don't even realize it until it's way too late. I didn't take the big camera this time and therefore didn't take a many pics as I should have. I guess that's the good thing about pictures. In the end, you only remember the things you have pictures of, not the things you don't! So give me a few months and I won't even remember that I missed anything, right?! :)

We found an inside playground that we didn't see the last time we came. It had some really great stuff... lots of super fun slides, a maze, trampoline, a track for the kids to drive pedal powered tractors around, and obsticle course type play. Mark even had a good time playing. One of the slides was a 16 ft. tall quarter-pipe. He was the only one brave enough to try it. But alas, you'll just have to believe me when I say it was fun!

Hudson sliding.
A Scottish Highlander.
Elliot the zebra.
Mark liked the lions. They were pretty ferocious. I think they for sure would have eaten the handler had the fence not been there. He was feeding them bits of pork so they'd come up to the fence, but it wasn't fast enough for them and they kept snarling and growling at him.
The boys did this last time, but wanted to show Mark that they could "milk the cow." Nate was more concerned about how big it's tail was. Obviously not a real cow.

No comments: