Saturday, February 19, 2011

Trampoline

Thanks to some Christmas money for the boys, we were able to buy a trampoline. Thanks to a mess-up on the company's part, we got a way better trampoline than we ordered!

Setting it up.
These 2 weren't so much help.

This picture is so that you know the sun DOES shine here. Even if it's only a couple hours at a time, we'll take it!! (Hudson actually took this picture, not too shabby!)

Except for 2 incidences that happened in the first 2 days of owning it, it's been really helpful to be able to send them out. So this is what I was referring to a couple of posts back. Elliot had a freak neck sprain that scared me to death. He and Nathanael were jumping and Elliot landed a little funny on his neck. He just complained a little bit at first, but after about 10 minutes, he was laying on his side screaming at the top of his lungs. Mark was gone, I'd never driven and I didn't have any idea what to do or who to call for medical assistance. I called a couple of people and finally got in touch with someone who gave me a hotline to call. They told me to take him into a nearby hospital. Thankfully, Mark had gotten out of his class and rode home as fast as his legs would pedal. Elliot cried for almost 30 minutes. It was totally unnerving. When your kid won't move, is holding his head and won't stop crying, it's a little scary. Mark called a cab and took Elliot in. Praise God it was just a sprain. A little pain reliever, some heat and a couple of days later he was back to normal. Then a day after he was allowed back on, he tried to eat Hudson's head and knocked his 2 front teeth loose. We called a dentist and he said as long as then didn't turn gray, he should be fine. So far so good, and I think we're in the clear.

Are we crazy to let 3 small boys jump on a trampoline? Probably. But so far the fun is by far out weighing the other.






2 comments:

Dara Steward said...

Oh my goodness!!!! I cannot believe you have had such a week! Only Elliott. Poor guy. I know that was scary for everyone, in a strange place with a neck injury.

The trampoline looks super fun! So glad you have a place to enjoy it!

Unknown said...

love the pictures,hoping for no more injuries, but having little boys I'm sure there will be more. I loved the video of Elliot's communicator. I can't believe Nat's 2. Give Hudson, Elliot and Nathaniel a big hug and sloppy kiss from their Auntie Kim, miss you all.