Friday, December 17, 2010

Moving


We moved out of seminary housing in Fort Worth on the 14th. It was bittersweet. Four and a half years seemed never ending at times, but amidst the stresses and difficulties of seminary life, we made some really good friends that were super hard to leave behind. God was so gracious to give us like-minded people in the same stage of life to endure with us. We couldn't have made it without them. Although the friendships will persevere, we'll dearly miss being neighbors!


This is in our empty apartment, the last night. We had pizza with my parents and sister and 2 other families that we've become close friends with. I think our boys don't really get that we won't see our friends for a long time. It was hard to watch them all hugging, not really understanding why everyone was so sad.

Anne Marie, me, Melinda and Rachel all prayed together every other week for a time. I'm so thankful the Lord provided these friendships to challenge, pray for and encourage me.

Rick Driggers and his wife Lynette, (who regrettably I don't have a picture of) have been great to grow our love for God and each other as a married couple. They have been a godly example we won't soon forget. Their ministry to others for the sake of Christ is far reaching and has touched so many. We're thankful for all their kindness in loving us!

This is Hudson and Elliot with our neighbors John Michael and Ben. Can you say 4 peas in a pod? I think the saying says 3, but anyway, that's what they are. It will be hard not to have them right at our back door. Melinda, their mom, has been a kindred spirit as a fellow mother of 3 boys.

This was after a Halloween get-to-gether in our courtyard. I love this picture! Lucy and Henry are Brian and Anne Marie's kids. Anne Marie and I, before they moved off campus, walked miles together with our double strollers. Our kids have spent a ton of time looking at each other from a stroller view. I miss my walking buddy!

Another one of the boys. Quite the biker gang!


No comments: