Monday, December 9, 2013

A Catch-up Post

Came in to get George one morning and found him like this!

We went for a hike out at Eagle Mountain Park.  We had a really great time.  Could almost pretend we didn't live in Texas, except for the heat.  It will never let you forget.

Nice cool break wading in the lake.



We've been wanting to get our marriage vows framed.  Mark made the frame for it and a man from our church wrote the script and matted it.  I never imagined when we had the idea that it would end up like this!  So pleased and thankful for all the work that went into it.  Makes it mean so much more.

A cute pic I caught on my phone.

Fishing with Pappy.  Elliot caught him a good one!

 I rode in the Hottern' Hell Hundred with my dad.  We went 62 miles.  I finished and kept up with his riding buddies too, though there was definitely a time or two when the SAG wagon looked like a pretty good option.

With about 14,000 other riders.

The only mishap during the day was that my shoes broke.  The sole of my shoes where they clip into my pedals detached from my shoe.  Crazy!  Thankfully it didn't happen while I was pedaling; I probably would have crashed.  I was unclipping at a rest stop and noticed it.
But, nothing my dad and a little electrical tape couldn't fix!


We were hurting for rain, so when it came, we were all excited.

After the rain, the ground was soft and the boys remembered a story their Daddy had told them about when he was a boy and had tried to dig a hole to China.  This is what happened in my backyard.

And this is what happened to my back porch!!  
I made it big so you could relate to how I was feeling when I discovered it.

So moving on from the muddy mess... how 'bout these flowers?  But seriously, aren't these amazing?  We got them at our friend Lynette's house.  I can't remember what she called them.  The mind of God in His creation.  Something to marvel at for sure!

Mark made this pizza peel out of pecan for me.  Love it.  
Now I don't make a mess in my oven anymore!

We were blessed to attend a final court date for some good friends' adoption of a precious little boy.  Such a amazing occasion to take part in.  If you ever get the chance to attend one, don't miss it!


The boys are into playing Indians, face paint and all.  
They were happy to include George and he didn't mind.

Elliot's first big lego build all by himself. 
He did such a good job!

Took a day trip down to College Station for some home game activities.  A little crazy some might say being out numbered by kiddos with about a billion other people who came to the Alabama game.

Waiting for "Step Off" with the Fightin' Texas Aggie Band.


We didn't actually go to the game.  We're not THAT crazy.

George's favorite place to be.  
He loves listening to Mark's headphones while Mark studies.

Superheros need a snack too.

We love our friends.



Okay, and our ice cream.

Love catching those "random" moments.  Thankful God intentionally puts them in my day at just the right time when I'm beyond all patience or feeling the weight of my responsibilities.  He's so good to remind us how much we have to be thankful for!

No comments: