Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pumpkins in November

My mom got the boys pumpkins when a trailer load of them came through the neighborhood back in October. They had a good time looking at all the different kinds and trying pick out one they liked.





This is something most would think we should have done in October when we picked out the pumpkins. Well... I just didn't get around to it. I thought at one time we'd carve them. Didn't get to that either. It would have been me carving which wasn't at all appealing to me. Being big and pregnant and carving 3 pumpkins while 3 little boys told me what to do and how to do it and to hurry up and do theirs just didn't work well in my head. So we skipped it and we colored them in November instead.
I'm pretty sure they'll be okay.




Hudson colored him and his friends John Michael, Siamboi, and Ben.

1 comment:

Dara Steward said...

I love it! Who says when you should do pumpkins. I'm sure the boys loved it just the same. We skipped pumpkins this year for many of the same reasons. ;o) I let them pick out little gourds and they had so much fun playing with them, that they never missed pumpkins.

Love your Thanksgiving tree! Laminating the leaves was brilliant. I'm about to take ours down... just thinking about making it all over again next year. And I love choosing a scripture for the tree trunk. We will have a new and improved tree next year! ;o)