Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Bath again, but this time better!


My dad came over for a visit to see where we lived before we moved back to the states. The boys and I came back early with him while Mark has stayed in Bristol to close up everything. We had a really good time seeing more than I thought possible. Mark kept the boys one day so that my dad and I could go to Bath by ourselves. It was really great to spend the time with my dad and be able to enjoy everything I was seeing without the distraction of little boys! I listened to every audio option on my audio-guided tour just because I could and loved every minute of it!

Random Bath sights.


Narrowboats are like houseboats. They are EVERYWHERE in England.

Maybe one of my favorite things in England, The Roman Baths in Bath are unbelievable. So much history from so long ago!


Statue of Julius Ceasar
A section of the original roof that once stood over the baths.
Remnants of temple steps.
Roman drain, that's still functioning.
Dates back to 76 AD when they think the baths were completed.


The Royal Cresent - a super posh residence in Bath, now also a hotel and museum. Lots of notables have lived here and the great film, Persuasion, was shot here.

Bath Abbey




No comments: